The movie The Pursuit of Happyness can inspire you to find solutions to deal with unexpected career transitions. Just look closely at the proactive actions taken by the movie hero.
1) Passion: The movie hero, Chris Gardner (Will Smith) is based on a true story of a single parent learning to survive jobless and homeless with a young son. What fueled his positivity was his passion for his son and his dream of becoming a stockbroker. Identify your passions, burning desires or strong personal interests because they can activate your positive emotional energy during difficult times.
2) Relationships: Gardner’s people skills were excellent. Despite his homeless situation he always maintained a positive attitude with his potential employers and clients during his training period. He always extended common courtesy and a helpful attitude. Be inspired to hone your own interaction skills because cultivating relationships is an essential key to achieving your goals.
3) Optimistic mindset, perseverance, resilience: Passion is what fueled Gardner’s optimism during the dark times of being homeless. His burning desire to become a stockbroker energized his perseverance during his training course without revealing his homeless situation. There will always be obstacles in your way. Make it your primary job to focus on the positives instead of the negatives.
Look at these 3 movie lessons as a mirror for overcoming challenges in your career, business or workplace. The actions and positive results of the movie hero are there to remind you of key steps for facing obstacles, honing your leadership skills AND move forward with confidence.
Remember, movies can help you:
• Increase your positive emotional energy
• Visualize the future you want
• Recognize your hidden strengths and skills
• Discover immediate solutions to current challenges
Emmanuel Lopez – Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero At Your Service!
Professional Speaker & Movie Blogger
See website: www.motivatorman.com
© Copyright Emmanuel Lopez 2010