The movie Iron Man can inspire solutions for dealing with issues within your career, business or workplace. Just look closely at the leadership actions taken by the movie hero.
1) Passion-based business: The movie hero, Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) faces extreme adversities at the beginning of the story that cause him to rethink the focus of his company values. He renews his passion for utilizing his wealth and skills to make the world a better place. Identify aspects in your career that incorporates something you love or enjoy doing.
2) Optimistic mindset, perseverance, resilience: During Stark's overwhelming adversity, his mindset was focused not on negative thoughts but on persevering with optimism. This attitude not only saves his life it leads him to creating the prototype of his Iron Man suit. Do your best to focus on the positive outcomes rather than the negatives of your own challenges.
3) Build a better product/service: Stark's passion and persistence leads him to perfecting his Iron Man suit and creates 3 versions in total. Each version is a step forward to improving its effectiveness AND for benefiting the world. Focusing on improvement keeps your brain active and benefits your both your professional and personal development. Your co-workers, customers and clients ultimately benefit the most.
Look at these 3 movie lessons as a mirror for overcoming challenges in your career, business or workplace. The actions and positive results of the movie hero are there to remind you of key steps for facing obstacles, honing your leadership skills AND move forward with confidence.
Remember, movies can help you:
• Increase your positive emotional energy
• Visualize the future you want
• Recognize your hidden strengths and skills
• Discover immediate solutions to current challenges
Emmanuel Lopez – Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero At Your Service!
Professional Speaker & Movie Blogger
See website: www.motivatorman.com
© Copyright Emmanuel Lopez 2009