When real-life stories are turned into movies it's because the heroes have valuable leadership lessons to teach. In turn these movies, like Tucker: The Man and His Dream, can inspire your leadership mindset in your workplace, business or career.
1) Optimistic mindset: Tucker (Jeff Bridges) was always optimistic and enthusiastic despite the challenges he faced in producing a revolutionary car in the late 40's. That enthusiasm is contagious as you see how Tucker attracts investors, media and the public's excitement. Do your best to develop an optimistic mindset and you'll always feel a positive attitude and allow yourself to see the bright side of any dark situation.
2) Perseverance, persistence, resilience: Tucker faces many adversities in following his dreams and goals. His passion, belief in himself and his family's support is what fueled his positive mindset and attitude. These factors helped Tucker persevere beyond his competitor’s negativity and political roadblocks.
3) Teamwork, recognition: The people that believed and supported him helped to sustain Tucker's business initiatives. His entire family and crew stood by their leader in the good as well as bad times. And though he could be relentless with his business goals Tucker always acknowledged, recognized and respected the skills and support of his team. Remember to do this with every co-worker, client or customer you interact with.
Look at these 3 movie lessons as a mirror for overcoming challenges in your career, business or workplace. The actions and positive results of the movie hero are there to remind you of key steps for facing obstacles, honing your leadership skills AND move forward with confidence.
Remember, movies can help you:
• Increase your positive emotional energy
• Visualize the future you want
• Recognize your hidden strengths and skills
• Discover immediate solutions to current challenges
Emmanuel Lopez – Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero At Your Service!
Professional Speaker & Movie Blogger
See website: www.motivatorman.com
© Copyright Emmanuel Lopez 2009