When you see how the movie hero overcomes his adversities in the movie The Shawshank Redemption you can identify solutions for dealing with challenges within your own workplace, business or career.
1) Optimistic mindset, perseverance, resilience: In the difficult times Andy Dufresne (Tim Robbins) experienced in prison he always maintained a hopeful, optimistic mindset. That positive attitude led to the strength to persevere and be resilient which can be applied to any challenges you face. It’s about focusing on your inner strength rather than the external pressures upon you.
2) Team spirit, respect: Dufresne learns to cultivate supportive relationships by simply being kind and respectful of fellow inmates. He has a quite leadership quality that fosters others to want to help him anyway they can. Let that inspire you to be the first to offer recognition and respect to others around you.
3) Strategic thinking: Because of the big reveal at the end of the film you will see that Dufresne had a skill set for strategic thinking. He demonstrates that there is a solution to any problem despite how overwhelmingly hopeless things may appear. Learn to analyze your challenges by focusing on the facts rather than the emotional factors.
Look at these 3 movie lessons as a mirror for overcoming challenges in your career, business or workplace. The actions and positive results of the movie hero are there to remind you of key steps for facing obstacles, honing your leadership skills AND move forward with confidence.
Remember, movies can help you:
• Increase your positive emotional energy
• Visualize the future you want
• Recognize your hidden strengths and skills
• Discover immediate solutions to current challenges
Emmanuel Lopez – Motivatorman
Motivational Superhero At Your Service!
Professional Speaker & Movie Blogger
See website: www.motivatorman.com
© Copyright Emmanuel Lopez 2009